3/recent-posts/slider1
Kailin Beck. Powered by Blogger.

11 Weeks

We've reached 11 weeks!

Some Baby Beck specs for the week:

>>11 weeks old
>>1.6 inches long
>>weighs 0.25 ounces
>>the size of a lime
>>29 weeks left


How far along? 11 weeks, 2 days
Total weight gain/loss: 1 ish pound- we don't own a scale so I just weigh in at my Dr.'s appointments
Maternity clothes? None yet. Gonna put that off for as long as I can!
Stretch marks? No, and I am hoping to avoid them!
Sleep: I get massive waves of sleepiness randomly throughout the day starting at about 5 o'clock. On days that I don't have surgeries to do, I sometimes have to take a nap:) At night I am sleeping great despite my frequent need to get up and pee:)
Best moment this week: This past week (last week)we got our first ultrasound! I am somewhat glad we didn't get one until 10 weeks along (not by choice, just my provider's standard) because we could see everything down to little fingers! It was so much more exciting.
Have you told family and friends: Yes!
Miss Anything? Without question I would say sushi! However, my doctor actually told me that I can have it, if it's certain kinds of fish (yes, insert gasps here) and that the real concern is mercury- which is mostly in odd fish that I don't eat anyway. Also a typical concern is foodborne illness and bacteria- did you know wasabi kills all foodborne bacteria when consumed with sushi? Also if it is from upscale, well-known restaurants it is likely they know how to prepare fish well, and safely. He told me to just avoid little hole-in-wall shops that might be sketchy. He said the risk of an issue from sushi is so, so slim in comparison to a multitude of other things, and that people get overly freaked out about it. Ka-ching. Sushi on occasion!

(Ps, my doctor has delivered over 15,000 babies and I trust him with my whole heart. ;) )
Movement: On the ultrasound yes, but I won't feel it for another few weeks!
Food cravings: I am loving colby-jack cheese sticks?! And watermelon! What else.. oh my gosh. Spaghetti squash! Mmm with salt and pepper. I am eating it now:) also sweets in general... but that is nothing new to me! I can eat pretty much anything, but once I eat something I just usually don't want it again for a long time. That is how I am currently feeling about Chinese food.. done with that for a while!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not any food or food smells, but smells like exhaust from (husband's) motorcycle, some soap and some people's perfume. For some reason exhaust really, really makes me sick! So weird. Just like the faint smell of it on Mitch's clothes after he rides his bike is what does it. I just make him shower and change every time he rides it. Haha.
Have you started to show yet: The doctor said he could feel a small bump and I can see it, but Mitch insists I look the same:) 
Gender prediction: Girl- both of us think so even though Mitch still prays that it might be a boy:)
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Weekly Wisdom: Okay. I have been beyond lucky that I never got morning sickness. My advice- DRINK a ton! I have had almost no morning sickness or nausea and I credit it to 1)my prenatal vitamin and the amount of B vitamins it has- and being on that for 2 years before I was pregnant, and 2) the amount of fluids I have been drinking. When I would get occasional small waves of nausea, but not a ton of food sounded good- I just would drink lemonade or gatorade and its literally amazing what that did. I hardly ever experienced it. I just was almost constantly drinking. Get a cute waterbottle that you love and fill it up multiple times a day. Never let your stomach be empty, and when it is, sip on something until you can get some food. You'll feel great!
Looking forward to: Finding out the gender in ~4 weeks!!! 


I'll start with pictures next week:)

Don't forget to vote on the gender, over on the right hand side underneath our profile picture! ---> scroll up and vote! --->

if you're on a phone or tablet, you are probably viewing the mobile version and can't see this sidebar to the right-->
just scroll all the way down below and click 'view web version' and you'll be able to see it and cast your vote:)

xoxo

No comments

Search

Social Media