3/recent-posts/slider1
Kailin Beck. Powered by Blogger.

finally.

While sitting in the airport, alone, an older lady came and sat by me.

My thought process: Great. I guarantee she is going to ask me some question, I'll answer, and then she will correct my improper Spanish as most older ones do.

Look, I speak Spanish, and I speak the Spanish I know.  To sum it up, I was never taught the mega-proper, original Spanish. Not that I wouldn't want to, it is just a whole different story.

Sure enough she asked me a question, as most old people do, and I responded. Waiting for the forthcoming attack on this generation and the lack of respect when it comes to addressing your elders.
...

"Que bueno, mijita."

TADA!!

.... I did it?  I spoke right? Could it be I am starting to acclimate to this culture and language?


No comments

Search

Social Media