3/recent-posts/slider1
Kailin Beck. Powered by Blogger.

24 Weeks//Cardio


Baby Beck:
>> 24 weeks along
>> 11.81 inches long
>> weighs 1.32 pounds
>> the size of an ear of corn
>> 16 weeks left!


Not a ton has changed from last week feeling and craving wise. All pretty much the same!



However I have been diagnosed with a heart tachycardia/arrythmia. They hooked me up to a Holter monitor for 24 hours a few days ago, and we got the results back today- abnormal. 

Basically what that means is something funny is going on with my heart, which has kind of caught me off guard- I have never had any problems like that at all before.

My heart rate will sporadically jump from like 75 to 160 in seconds and then drop back down. 
My blood pressure is normal.

I feel fine I just get a bit lightheaded when it happens.

We work out, and eat super clean- gluten free and largely organic. 
With some people, sometimes your blood levels can be all thrown off just from being pregnant. So, they checked all of my blood levels- thyroid, electrolytes, iron, everything- but it all came back totally normal. So it's not stemming from any imbalances or anything like that. 

What on earth is this mystery tachycardia coming from?

My OB called me today and she already had scheduled me an appointment in 2 days with a cardiologist at IMC. 


Kind of frustrating! When I got the last monitor off they said if anything comes back abnormal I would have to be on one for 30 days!! What! That just sounds ridiculous. We are going out of town for like almost the next month besides that. I so so so hope they don't make me do that.

I do not want to be all hooked up to a monitor while on our first trip to Hawaii:( It makes me sad thinking about the idea of of if I can still go, not being able to even get in the water and enjoy it all:(

I feel so lucky to even have the chance to go. I so so hope that I can get out of wearing that thing again.

Anyways, we won't know any more details until after my appointment on Thursday with the cardiologist, but hopefully it isn't anything crazy and by some chance it's somehow just some sort of pregnancy thing. (I hope)



I just wanted to post this to see if anyone else had tachycardia during pregnancy similar to this, and if so, what did you do?



**PS, thanks for all of your comments and messages about my questions last week! I think I have some hope to find at least some cute things:)

6 comments

  1. You're so cute, and I love you're posts, but I'm not going to lie, it was a little frustrating to read this one. You have such a great life and so much to be grateful for! So what the you have to wear a monitor in HAWAII! A lot of people never even get those opportunities to go such beautiful places like New York and Hawaii. You seen so sweet and you are so beautiful, it just made me sad to see you feel bad about that when you have so much more to be grateful for! I hope you don't take this offensively and I hope you understand what I am meaning to say. I hope everything goes well! I am glad you are able to get the care you need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I am so sorry! It definitely was not my intention to sound ungrateful at all! I just barely added some to the post to reflect more what I was feeling. It is going to be my first time to Hawaii, I am no world traveler:) I was just bummed thinking about the fact that I might not be able to go, let alone if I can, the idea of not being able to even get in the water and enjoy it was disappointing:(

    While I am SO grateful I have this opportunity, this new challenge with my heart is worrying and scary. I hope you can understand that that is what I was meaning. In no way am I less grateful for any opportunities, just because of things that come up. I am still just as grateful, just more worried. I hope that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, don't be sorry at all! I like what you added to it, it makes a lot more sense and helps make it a lot more understandable what your worries and concerns are. I hope you guys are able to go and enjoy your trip! And I definitely hope everything turns out alright health-wise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To whoever posted the comment "Anonymously"--

    I totally get where you are coming from, I really do. As being Kailin's best friend for the past 10 years, however, I do have to defend her a little bit. She is one of the most grateful people I know, and you don't even know half of the struggles she has gone through, in this pregnancy alone. We've talked about it before, and she is SO excited to go to all of these fun places, and is more than grateful.

    I will not go into detail about her struggles, as that is her decision to share or not share, but I do have to, again, defend her. She was simply sharing a complication that has been going on, that I have witnessed personally, and as a first time mom, get some advice from maybe some people who have gone through similar things. This is her blog and she can write what she wants. If you are offended, maybe this blog isn't for you. She is kind enough to not get defensive about your comment, but what you said is a little ridiculous to be honest, and you blew it out of proportion. She would like to enjoy her trip, since who knows when she may get to go again, and having to be hooked up to some sort of monitor will prohibit her from enjoying her trip to the fullest extent. That's all she was saying.

    Please remember to not judge and assume so quickly, considering you don't even know the full situation/circumstances. The last thing I want is for this to turn into an internet "fight" behind computer screens where people say things they wouldn't normally face-to-face, but this was the only way, since you made yourself anonymous. Hope you understand where I'm coming from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Krista,
      I was not at all offended by Kailins post. I was simply saddened to read (in her first version of the post, not the revised one) what seemed to be her focusing more on having to wear a monitor than the opportunities she gets to experience that most don't, especially so young. Everyone goes through struggles and hardships, believe me I know, and no one said she hasn't experienced her share. My intent was only to point out she has much to be grateful for.

      Kailin has every right to post whatever she would like on her blog, I wouldn't ever want to tell her she shouldn't, because we all enjoy reading her experiences! She has an infectious personality and her experiences touch many, which is awesome. But, in my defense, her blog is public, and she has set it to allow others to comment and share what they have to say too, and that's all I was doing. It's fine if you disagree with what I said, I don't expect everyone to agree, it's great that people have different opinions and thoughts, otherwise there wouldn't be a broader range of perspective and understanding in the world. I hope you are able to understand why the original post stating frustration over wearing a monitor in hawaii (without giving insight as to why there was frustration or what exactly the real frustration was) may lead others, not as close to Kailin, to misunderstand and think she seemed focused more on the negative than the awesome positives she gets to enjoy. Although, she graciously gave a better understanding of what she was feeling, and that made it a lot more clear and totally understandable.

      You are her best friend, so it's understandable why you feel the need to defend her, but there's nothing to defend, I promise. Misunderstanding happens and it happened in this case, that's all. No harm done :)

      Delete
  5. Krista- Thank you. You said exactly what my feelings are!

    Anonymous- Thanks for your thoughts and for being kind about it.
    I just want to point out one thing, when you said, "I was simply saddened to read (in her first version of the post, not the revised one) what seemed to be her focusing more on having to wear a monitor than the opportunities she gets to experience that most don't, especially so young."
    You are correct. This post was focused on wearing the cumbersome monitor, and the heart issue. That is why it is entitled "24 Weeks//Cardio" :) So, if it made it seem like I was focusing on the issue, I kind of was. However, I kind of feel warranted to do that right now.. to talk about the issue, and not just about all that is going great in life, you know?

    You went on to say that this "may lead others, not as close to Kailin, to misunderstand and think she seemed focused more on the negative than the awesome positives she gets to enjoy."
    That may be. I am definitely more focused on this issue than other things right now. That is why I posted about it:) There are plenty of other posting opportunities to write about great and happy things, and most of my posts are that way:)
    This was unfortunately not the case at the moment, with what is going on.

    Thanks again for your feedback, and in the future I would ask you to take everything as a grain of salt, and not conclude that I am ungrateful just because one post is focused largely on a serious heart issue:)

    Thanks for being able to have this conversation so kindly and maturely! If only everyone in the world disagreed like you!


    ReplyDelete

Search

Social Media