3/recent-posts/slider1
Kailin Beck. Powered by Blogger.

The Story

Our sweet Juliana Kalai Beck was born on Sunday evenining, February 23rd, at 6 pounds 14 ounces and 20 inches long.

I will get into her birth story later on but for now I wanted to update all of you sweet friends and family about our situation we have come about over the last week.


Juliana and I had the easiest, most peaceful pregnancy ever. Zero morning sickness, ever. Little fatigue. Almost a second wind of energy and happiness for 9 months. No swelling, not too much moodiness:), and just an overall wonderful, awesome experience. I think it was just plain luck of the draw. We had it great.

I always joked that because our pregnancy was soo awesome and easy, my delivery would be terrible or something to make up for it.

This wasn't the case either.

My water broke Sunday morning at about 10 a.m. Again BEYOND lucky- most women have contractions first and rarely experience their water breaking long before birth. With about 3 pushes/15 minutes... she was out. Perfect, beautiful, healthy, and so calm and awake. She nursed within 30 seconds of being placed on my chest, I looked up at my sweet husband and he had tears streaming down his face. We had never known a love like this-  not only for our new little creation, but for each other.

We left the hospital right on time and had a magical 3 days at home with no concerns - just pure bliss.

Juliana never cried- she would slightly whimper and make little squeaky noises when hungry and that was literally it. She is the most patient, sweet baby I have honestly ever seen- and I'm not biased just because she is my child:)


We had been into the pediatrician 3 times her first week home because she had some jaundice when she was born and they were just monitoring it. it turned out just fine and she didn't need lights or anything.


No comments

Search

Social Media