3/recent-posts/slider1
Kailin Beck. Powered by Blogger.

Beck Women



School is hard for me. As in I really don't enjoy doing it. It is hard for me to get motivated to do it every day. It is just another thing on my to-do list, and I honestly dread it. It bores me.  I feel guilty about it because there are so many people in the world who would give anything for the education opportunities I have. But nonetheless that is how I honestly feel.

Mitch loves school more than life.  Seriously, he says every day how much he wishes he could be a "professional student." :) He is a good one.  He loves it.  He comes home and often asks me, "Do you have any homework today?!" He likes doing it for fun. Ha ha.  For real- that is one of his strengths, not mine.

I just have a hard time doing it. I am counting down till I graduate already (hopefully next December)

When I get in these ruts, there is always a little voice that comes in my head.  Her name is Peggy.


(my mother in law who I love so, so much)


I will always remember when she told me,

"Kailin, you are a Beck now. Beck women go to college. Even if we never get to use our degree, we get one."

Thing is, she is likely the sweetest and kindest little lady I know. She is wonderful.  She really is like my second mom. This was one of those times she looked straight at me and pointed and smiled at me while she said it-- and I knew she really meant it.

It is sometimes difficult, and I get in a school rut where it is hard to keep going- but I know it is the most important thing I can do.  It is time intensive. It takes patience and a ton of work. I don't really like it. But I just have to know it will be worth it one day. That is something that has always stuck with me, and I will forever appreciate her saying it- let alone always making me feel included and really a part of the Beck family:)

Beck women go to college. Each one of these women did go to college and got great degrees- but are selfless enough that they have put them aside to raise their children. They did it. I so admire that.

Peggy, Makayla, Maddy.
My momma in law and two Beck sissies.
Such role models for me.

I didn't ever know that I could be so grateful and happy to live up to an expectation.  It makes me want to make them, my husband, and future children proud.

So, I will stick it out and get it done.  I need to do it.

I read this quote a while ago. At first I didn't understand it. Then I realized what it meant:
A child's education should begin at least 100 years before he is born.
-Oliver Wendell Holmes.



Gotta be a Beck woman.






1 comment

  1. Woops - accidently posted as my husband. Here goes as me:

    You will never regret doing it, even when it's hard and tedious, you will look back and be SOOOO grateful you finished!!! So great that you have other wonderful women to look up to who have gone ahead. Just remember, the education level of the mother is SO strongly related to the health and intelligence of the children in that home. Just one chapter, one test, one assignment at a time which adds up to one class at a time and soon a DEGREE. Just keep checking off that to do list girl :).

    ReplyDelete

Search

Social Media